At the lactation consultant Zachariah weighed 8lbs 1.5oz. I fed him there and then reweighed him -- he only gained an ounce. I'm having some serious milk supply issues. At the moment Zachariah is eating off the breast and then getting 2 oz of formula (Similac Advance). He is eating every 2-3 hours during the day and Jerry and I decided to let him sleep at night for the next couple of days (we go to get weighed again on Thursday) and will re-evaluate the sleeping at that time.
Jerry and I made the decision to supplement with formula with a heavy heart. The choice was made a teeny bit easier knowing that Zachariah should weigh between 10 and 11lbs currently and he only weighs 8. Hopefully this is temporary.
1 comment:
Have you tried anything to increase your supply? Here is a link with a bunch of stuff about increasing your supply. If I were you, I would put mom and baby back to bed for a few days. It's amazing what doing nothing but nursing can do for a supply! http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html
Post a Comment