Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Formula

The formula helped with the sleep deprivation, but probably not the milk supply. Zachariah had 2 oz formula at 9:15pm and then 1 more oz at 10:30pm. I feed him on one side at 11pm and he was out. I laid him in his crib with no pacifier at 11:15pm and he didn't make a sound until 5:15am. At that time I fed him on one side (pumped the other) and put him back in bed about 5:35am. No noise from him until about 6:45am. He was fed at 7am and slept with me (in our bed) until about 10am when we got up and he ate again.

I'm concerned about his weight gain -- it took us 6 weeks to get back to birth weight. I'm worried that he lost weight over the last 8 days instead of continuing to gain. I'm worried that I'm not making enough milk to feed my child though he doesn't act like he's starving during the day like he does in the evening. He's been waking up between 4-5 hours in the middle of the night (eats at 11pm and then wakes about 3-4am).

We were going to the lactation consultant for a weight check on Thursday (per the pediatrician to make sure still gaining) and I think we'll go today as well. I'll post and let everyone know the results.

No comments: