Jeremiah finally arrived! We were all getting impatient waiting for our new little boy to decide to come. Once he made his decision though, he came quick!
My water broke about 10:30pm Saturday night. Contractions didn't start immediately. I took a shower and then called the answering service for my doctor's office. I was told to wait 4-6 hours (but no later) to go to the hospital if I wasn't having contractions so they could start the antibiotics for Group Strep B. Jerry and I went to bed about 11 in order to try to get some sleep before what we were supposing to be an early morning. By 11:15 I was having contractions. They were strong, lasting about 1 minute long and averaging about every 2-3 minutes. We waited for about an hour and then decided to get to the hospital. We were admitted to Labor and Delivery at about 10 minutes till 1am. After getting upstairs and getting checked about 1:30am, I was only 4cms. Jerry and I both feared that this was going to be another long labor similar to Zachariah's. Contractions were still coming strong and I decided to get into the labor tub. I was there for about an hour or so when I started feeling a slight urge to push. I got out of the tub and was checked again, 7cms. Making progress and making it quick! I decided I wanted something to take the edge off the contractions and to allow me and Jerry to rest since once again baby wanted an early morning arrival. I asked for stadol, which is the only thing I could take that had the shortest time frame in staying with mom and baby. Unfortuneatly, I was unable to take it as the hospital had run out due to a shortage. Jeremiah got the unmedicated birth I had always been striving for, but never so couragous or strong to get. Luckily within about 45 minutes, I was completly dilated! I wasn't paying much attention to the clock at this time, but I believe I only pushed for 45 minutes to an hour before he was here. A gorgeous baby boy who was alert to the world around him.
Jeremiah Conan was born at 4:15am on Sunday, September 18, 2011. He weighed in at a hefty (but still light for 10 days overdue) 8 pounds and 6 ounces. He was another long one at 21 inches.
Mommy and baby are doing well, currently in the hospital until Tuesday. Zachariah is doing as well as to be expected, though he really wants mommy and baby Jeremiah to come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment